Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Night Out For Mom And Dad

It's been a long couple of weeks. Max has been sick and therefore has been back and forth to the doctor's, Ted has recently been diagnosed with the early stages of pneumonia and I am recovering from my own sinus infection (with a short-lived case of laryngitis). As my best friend Karen said so eloquently, it's like General Hospital around here. Add in the fact that we are in the process of moving my office which causes me to run back and forth from old to new spaces, pickout carpeting and wall paint, meet with contractors, electricians and phone installers, and I've been pretty busy. Ted has no coverage in his office right now, either, so he's been busy at his job and has been coming home a little later then usual and has no flexibility to go into work late. So, I've had to take Max to doctor's appointments which has taken quite a chunk of time out of my days recently. Don't get me wrong, he's worth it, but I've been exhausted.



So, I mentioned to Ted that I needed a night out, and he said that he would ask his parents if they could watch Max for a little while so that we could go to dinner at Le Jardin du Roi, the restaurant in Chappaqua, NY where Ted's brother Cristiaan works. It's a little out of the way, but we knew that if we went there we would get an outstanding meal, and that is definately what we were craving.



Ted's parents were, as usual, more then happy to watch the boy, and so we dropped him off and headed off to dinner. Cris treated us like royalty, and our meal was fantastic. I was SO stuffed by the time we walked out of there that I couldn't breathe. On the way back to pick up Max, I sat back and realized how good I felt. Just when my night felt complete, I looked up to the clear sky and I saw a shooting star. It was a wonderful evening.....

No comments: